WHERE TO DONATE FOOD / FOOD BANKS
BARRHAVEN FOOD CUPBOARD
You can put your food donation in one of the Barrhaven Food Cupboard bins at the following Barrhaven supermarkets: Ross’ Your Independent Grocer, Food Basics, Loblaws and Sobeys. Contact: https://www.barrhavenfoodcupboard.ca/donate/
Map & email etc.: https://www.barrhavenfoodcupboard.ca/contact-us-2/
CALDWELL FAMILY CENTRE
20-1100 Medford Street Ottawa ON K1Z 8L5
ATTN: Maurice Courchesne
THE CARING AND SHARING EXCHANGE
(Formerly known as Christmas Exchange Program) invites members of the public and companies to sponsor a Christmas Hamper.
Contact information: By Phone: 613-226-6434 / Email: info@CaringandSharing.ca
FOOD BANKS THROUGHOUT CANADA
(Locator by Postal Code/City)
Food Banks Canada works with 550 food banks and more than 3000 food programs across Canada. Please call your local food bank before visiting.
OTTAWA FOOD BANK
Food donation WishList: http://www.ottawafoodbank.ca/donate/
Drop off locations (search by your postal code): http://www.ottawafoodbank.ca/donate/
Contact info & map: http://www.ottawafoodbank.ca/contact-us/
If you would like to donate turkeys to our Thanksgiving Dinner, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Our average meal cost is just $2.97 and with your help, an average of 1295 meals are served to people in need every day.
Please drop off your clothing donations at any time to the shelter – our front desk is always open at 35 Waller Street. Short term street parking is also available on the south side of the Mission on Daly Avenue.
If you would like arrange for a donation pick-up, please call 613-234-1144, ext. 248.
Parkdale Food Centre
(a social enterprise that operates under the umbrella of Causeway Work Centre which is a registered charity.)
- Snacks Staff and volunteers love snacks though we usually make an effort to feed ourselves. It’s great when we can provide a little pick me up for those suffering from low blood sugar crashes. And we aren’t too picky either… Fruit, veggies, chips, and (best of all) freezies are gladly accepted.
Please contact us if you are able to help.
473 Bronson Avenue, Ottawa ON, K1R 5R2
Phone: 613-716-5037 Email: email@example.com
Or call 613-722-4440
RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE OTTAWA
We welcome certain food items, certain house supplies, gift certificates for groceries, movie rentals, fast food etc. Click link above to view our full wish list.
Contact information/drop off location/map : http://www.rmhottawa.com/contact/
ST. JOE’S WOMEN’S CENTRE – OTTAWA
See their website for other types of welcome donations. https://stjoeswomenscentre.org/donations/
Donations of clothing and gifts can be dropped off to the Centre, Monday to Friday from 9 am – 3 pm
Address: 151 Laurier Ave. East, Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6N8
SHEPHERDS OF GOOD HOPE
Call Ash at (613) 789-8210 ext 240. Pickups of large quantities can be arranged or simply drop off your goods at 233 Murray Street at Door #3 on the north side of the building everyday between 6:30 am and 9:00 pm.
The following items are of the greatest need:
- Canned and boxed foods and fresh food is always welcome (fresh fruits and vegetables)
- Prepared food that has been properly stored
- Bottled beverages like water, juice and soft drinks.
- Mugs, bowls, plates, metal or plastic cutlery, paper cups and plates
- As a special treat: Bread, Desserts and Fresh Fruit are always in high demand
- Toiletries such as shampoos, conditioners, soaps, feminine hygiene products, razors (new), deodorants, toothpastes and toothbrushes
- Men and Womens’ seasonal clothing including shoes
- Linens, blankets and towels