WHERE TO DONATE PET RELATED ITEMS
OTTAWA HUMANE SOCIETY [NOTE: April 2020 – Temporarily not accepting items – but please check out their matching donations opportunity.]
Please see the wish list to verify what is needed/not needed at the moment.
Contact info & map to new location: http://www.ottawahumane.ca/about-us/contact-info/
Email: email@example.com or call 613-725-3166 ext. 252
245 West Hunt Club Road, Ottawa, ON K2E 1A6
OTTAWA VALLEY SEARCH AND RESCUE DOG ASSOCIATION
2413-7 Stevenage Drive
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1G 3W1
OTTAWA VALLEY WILD BIRD CARE CENTRE
Address: 734 Moodie Dr., Nepean, ON Canada
RIDEAU VALLEY WILDLIFE
(See full list at link above for specifics.) Animal care supplies, cleaning supplies, veterinary supplies, office supplies, certain foods, web design and management, caging materials (wood, wire mesh etc.), XLarge Rubbermaid containers.
“SafePet Ottawa fosters companion animals for women and their children who need to exit from domestic violence into the safety of local Violence Against Women (VAW) shelters.”
While we are always grateful to receive your generous donations, here are some common items that are always much needed:
- Cat and dog crates or carriers of all sizes (wire and plastic)
- Gates and pens for safe confinement
- Food and water dishes of all sizes (dishwasher-friendly)
- Bedding and blankets of all sizes (machine washable)
- Kitty litter pans and litter
- Dishwasher-safe or machine washable cat and dog toys
- Food for cats, dogs, small animal pellets, bird seed and occasionally, horse feed
- Gift cards and store points. We will accept any kind of gift card for any store. We will use them to buy pet-related items such as linens or food, or we will silent auction them off to raise funds for SafePet.
- We will happily accept Canadian Tire money or Shoppers Optimum points as well.
A SafePet volunteer will happily travel to pick-up your donated goods. To arrange for pick-up, please contact us.