WHERE TO DONATE CLOTHES
CANADIAN DIABETES ASSOCIATION
Where to donate clothes or arrange for pickup – call the Clothesline® at 1-800-505-5525
List of accepted items:
(Note: donated articles are sold to Value Village stores across Canada, which raises money for diabetes research, education, service and advocacy.)
DRESS FOR SUCCESS – OTTAWA
Professional job interview clothes …
200 Catherine Street
Ottawa, Ontario K2P 2K9
WishList/More info: https://ottawa.dressforsuccess.org/get-involved/donate/
“East side drop off door for clothing donations please.”
WE WELCOME CLOTHING DONATIONS IN ALL SIZES. CURRENTLY, MOST IN NEED OF:
– silk scarves
– knee highs and work socks
– suits, pants and skirts, especially sizes 12+
– blazers – all colours/sizes, especially sizes 12+
– plain blouses, all sizes
– dresses, all sizes
We will be accepting SPRING & SUMMER ATTIRE as well as FALL & WINTER ATTIRE.
FAIRY GODMOTHER OF OTTAWA INC. (NOTE: not a registered charity.)
Looking for donations of formal prom appropriate dresses, shoes and accessories.
Drop off locations: http://www.brownscleaners.ca/locations.html
NELSON HOUSE OF OTTAWA-CARLETON (shelter for abused women & children)
See wish list (specific items only due to space): http://nelsonhouse.on.ca/donations/
The Salvation Army Thrift Store *, 1616 Merivale Road, telephone: 613-228-5282.
St. Richard’s Anglican Church *, 8 Withrow Avenue
Monday-Friday between 9 am and 2 pm Thursdays during July & August 9 am – 2 pm *When you drop off your donations please mention you were referred by Nelson House.
If you would like to donate items that are needed every day, here is a list of the top items in demand right now at The Ottawa Mission.
- New or gently used bath towels
- New men’s socks
- Men’s antiperspirant
- Men’s disposal razors
- New or gently used men’s shoes or work boots (sizes 8–15)
- New or gently used men’s jeans
- If you would like to donate turkeys to our Thanksgiving Dinner, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please drop off your donations at any time to the shelter – our front desk is always open at 35 Waller Street. Short term street parking is also available on the south side of the Mission on Daly Avenue.
If you would like arrange for a donation pick-up, please call 613-234-1144, ext. 248.
OTTAWA NEIGHBOURHOOD SERVICES (ONS) –
- Closed until a new location in the West End of Ottawa can be found.
- Contact info: http://www.ottawaneighbourhoodservices.ca if you can help provide an inexpensive or free facility for Ottawa Neighbourhood Services to work out of in the West End of Ottawa.
SAINT VINCENT DE PAUL
Donate clothing, furniture (not large appliances), various household items. Drop off possible at 3 stores & home pick-ups possible.
Lists of items accepted or not see: https://thrift-store.ca/donations/donating-used-goods/
Store Locator/Contact information/Hours : https://thrift-store.ca/ottawa-locations/
SALVATION ARMY THRIFT STORE
Many thrift store locations (Nepean, Ottawa): http://www.thriftstore.ca/ottawa/locations
Donate gently used clothing and household goods to your local Salvation Army Thrift Store! See wish list link above for what they do and don’t accept.
If you would like to make a donation of furniture and would like your items picked up free of charge, please call: Ottawa: 1-613-247-1435 x. 228
SHEPHERDS OF GOOD HOPE
The following items are of the greatest need:
- Men and Womens’ seasonal clothing including shoes
- Linens, blankets and towels
- Toiletries (new) such as shampoos, conditioners, soaps, feminine hygiene products, razors, deodorants, toothpastes and toothbrushes
Wish List: http://shepherdsofgoodhope.com/?page_id=788
Call Ash at (613) 789-8210 ext 240. Pickups of large quantities can be arranged or simply drop off your goods at 233 Murray Street at Door #3 on the north side of the building everyday between 6:30 am and 9:00 pm.
MAP/Contact Info: http://shepherdsofgoodhope.com/?page_id=1269
SNOWSUIT FUND (Ottawa Area)
Wish list: http://snowsuitfund.com/support-us/
225 Donald St, Unit 134, Ottawa, ON K1K 1N1
Phone 613-746-5143 | Fax 613-741-1647
Please email all inquiries to Joanne Andrews e-mail: email@example.com attention: Joanne.
For Fundraising inquiries, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office Hours The Snowsuit Fund offices are open from September to February.
The Snowsuit Fund 225 Donald Street Unit 134 Ottawa, ON K1K 1N1
Depot hours for October, November, December:
Monday: closed. Tuesday to Saturday: 9 am – 4 pm. Sunday: closed. Otherwise, please call (613) 746-8719 to book an appointment.
- knitted articles
- gently used or new winter outerwear
- boots of all sizes
- Many of our clientele also have older children in need of winter clothing, or the parents themselves are in need of a warm coat.
Items may also be dropped off at participating sponsors Canadian Tire Stores and Browns Cleaners. Thanks!
Five ways to support the Snowsuit Fund http://snowsuitfund.com/support-us/